Saturday, January 22, 2011

konwak market

The other week everything came into place - the weather was fine, both the girls where well, ev was home and nothing urgent needed doing! Soooo i seized the day and had my first tie-dye stall!!! I have worked on this on and off for about 2.5 years, ever since my eldest was a baby, buying white baby clothes from the op-shop and then dyeing them bright and cheerful colors and patterns. I loved dressing Isabelle in these clothes and thought other mamas might too. Anyway, it was exciting setting the stall up imagining the millions i was going to make and then how i was going to spend the millions and what a success it was all going to be but then i really did not sell much at all! In fact i just made enough to cover my stall and lunch! So with a deflated ego i had to try really hard on feeling good about the experience and this is what i came up with;
        I'm glad i was brave enough to do the stall in the first place as self doubt had stopped me several times    before,

         at least i did sell something and those sales where to a beautiful family that absolutely loved my work ,

         and it has given me appreciation and empathy for other stall holders that make their wares and the time, effort and thought that goes into each item.

No comments:

Post a Comment