Monday, February 7, 2011

giving thanks.


Thankyou  Fire the element of the North, for your power of transformation, the element that sparks passion and will, the element that cooks my family meals and keeps us warm, the hearth/ heart of the family. 



Thankyou Earth, element of the south,for being grounding, the nurturer, endlessly abundent, supporter of all life, thankyou Great Mother Earth.



Thankyou Water, element of the west, for cleansing my body and soothing my emotions.

Thankyou Air, element of the East for reminding me that we all share the same breath of life, rejuvenating me with every inhalation and releasing my worries with every exhalation.


I try to remember the four elements and directions throughout my day, to draw from the amazing energy that surrounds me, to remind myself that I am connected to something greater / larger than this consuming suburban sprawl. To look up at the clouds and breath them in, to walk bare foot on grass, to visit the creek and watch the flow down stream, to be conscious of fire as i cook my meal and to feel its sacred glow when I light a candle. These moments help me to feel spirited and joy -full.

No comments:

Post a Comment