Sunday, June 5, 2011

Herstory

Ive been doing some deep thinking on this blog thing....as sometimes I have been wondering if it was a narcissistic past time and maybe I should just concentrate on the real world.

But then Ive been thinking some more and I think the blogs that I enjoy, are mostly women who are mothers and its a way of recording HerStory - as she lives in the world.
Whenever I study History I am always disappointed at the lack of a women s perspective, or even what women where doing at the time and their story.
 Maybe blogs are a way for women to have a voice, to tell their story, their unique domestic tale that has been kept private and forgotten for so long. And I have begun to feel this in the home, like my story is invisible, lost...in the everyday. And so in frustration I have begun to take pictures to record what has happened in the day, and it is gratifying to see the so many moments of each day is valid. Its like things really DID happen! And so as proof I am going to post the days here on my blog, using it as a voice to tell my story - herstory.












The day was full - we sewed, wrote letters, gardened, hung washing, mopped floors, ate lentil soup....all by the early afternoon!
This day is a part of my story.

1 comment:

  1. hurray mama!!!!!
    indeed, i am so so happy to hear your part of HerStory! i have been missing your lovely posts!
    i am loving the little bits of the house i can see in the background!! lots of love!

    ReplyDelete